Sunday, August 5, 2012

Vent a little, listen a little...


Its always nice to have a friend that you can be 100% honest with.  Some (a lot) of my friends I have to watch what I say in fear of being judged, made fun of, etc.  Tonight I was with a few friends (after un-packing all day!  Well, an hour was spent getting my new license) and someone ask me a question about my recent relationship.  When I was being completely honest, all I kept getting was these horrible judging facial expressions from her.  Talk about uncomfortable.  It made me sad to know someone was judging someone they didnt even know even when I don't judge him. 

I was bothered by this the rest of the night, in fact, I still am.  

Afterwards, I took a friend home and we talked in my car for awhile about all different things.  Luckily, I knew I wasn't being judged.  We can relate because we have a lot in common.  

Recently, I was talking to another friend and she told me she didnt like who I was when I dated my 1st boyfriend.  I guess its hard for people to understand, but I know myself better than anyone.  I don't think I can blame anything on him.  In my defense, he got the worst Karlee has ever been.  He dated me two months after I got raped.  Any girl would be F'd up after that.  It wasnt until about a year to the date of my "R" that I started to become the person I was before it happened.  

Thank goodness my recent ex met me after I was like my old self again.  He got the much better Karlee out of it.  

So.... people have this horrible stigma about mental illnesses.  What do I think? GET OVER IT!  No one choose to be bi polar, no one choose to be manic...  that's life.  No one is perfect..... only the Lord is.  Remember this:  "Don't judge me because I sin differently than you do."  

Thank you for letting me vent tonight..... you know who you are =)  

No comments:

Post a Comment