Thursday, February 14, 2013

Inhale. Exhale. Repeat.


Today was a very scary day!  I went to bed super late this morning and didn't have to work until later today, so I slept in.  I get a text from my mom saying "will you go check on your dad?"  I jumped out of bed and went and checked on him.  You could tell he was sick, but he said he was fine.  I got him one of the home phones in case he needed to call me (yes, he has a quiet yell). 

A little later I was sleeping and I get a phone call from the home line and its my dad.  I quickly jumped out of bed and went to check on him.  He was gasping for air and I knew he needed to get to the hospital immediately.  He hopped on his wheelchair and went cruising to his room.  I was like "dad, do you need me to call 911?!"  and he in a faint yelling voice said "yes yes."  I immediately called 911 and as I was talking to the 911 dispatcher, I ran into my dads room to make sure he was OK.  As I get to his bathroom, I see his wheelchair without him on it, and my dad passed out on the floor.  I remember myself panicking and all the sudden he moved and started throwing up.  The 911 dude told me to lay him on his side.  He could breath a tiny bit better, but i just remember trying not to cry and be strong for him.  I then ran outside to see if the ambulance was here.  I saw the fire department trying to figure out where to go until they saw me, then they started driving faster up to the house.  The whole ordeal was very traumatic for me, but I felt much safer once help arrived. 

After everything, they got him up on the stretcher and took him away.  They were going to take him to the closest hospital unless they thought that his heart was the problem.  All the sudden the fire dept guy came back in the house and said they were taking him to a different hospital....so we thought maybe he was having a heart attack.  Regardless, we rushed to the hospital.  Once we went in his room, he seemed a little better.  Every 30min to an hour, he would have another "crash" (its the only word i can think of) where he would start sweating really bad and get nauseous and we just had no idea what to do.  The doctor just looked at him dumb founded because he had no idea what was wrong with him.

Even now its almost 12hrs. since this started, and they have yet to figure out whats wrong with him.   

Here's the big blessing in disguise.... I was originally suppose to be with my best friend visiting her grandpa in a nursing home.  But, she cancelled on me because so much was going on with her family.  If it wasn't for her cancelling on me, I never would of been here for my dad ='(  My dad said he thinks if I wasn't home, he would have died.  I'm sooooo grateful I was home for him.  Although it was a terrifying experience, I cant stop saying how glad I am that I was home.  I would have felt so guilty the rest of my life. 

All I can do now, is breathe. He's still alive, he is in the hospital where he needs to be, and I am ok.  Thank you, God! 

The end.  For now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment