You might be wondering what PTSD is. Well, if you are, you are lucky you dont know. Its Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. This past year I have experienced it A LOT! However, the past couple months it has happened less and less. Yes I am very grateful for that. One of the cons about living in my apartment is I have been experiencing it every couple hours when I am home in my living room.
My trigger is the train that passes through Troutdale. It makes a loud train whistle and instantly I go back to March 4th, 2011. I hate it!!!!! I just want to go "LA LA LA LAA LAAA LAAAA LLLLAAAAAA" until it stops!
Mostly this post was to get it off my chest. The end.

What does a the train whistle have to do with it? Were you near train tracks?
ReplyDeleteYou might want to get yourself a "white noise" machine and leave it on every evening to block the train sounds. Some have ocean waves or forest sounds, or just a rustling sound. Try it out. It might make all the difference! Hugs!
Yes, it happened right next to a train track. Even more so right by my (now previous) work. I actually have a sound machine and i use it every night. I love the rain sound =)
ReplyDelete