Friday, September 14, 2012

Mental Illness


I'm sure it is no shock to you that I have a mental illness.  Hello, my name is Karlee and I suffer from depression and anxiety.  It is sad to me that people dont understand mental illness.  Best way I can describe my illness is describe it like cancer (just hear me out).  My sister Julee had Leukemia.  Once she started chemo and lost her hair, you could clearly see she was "sick".  Now, mental illnesses are caused from a chemical imbalance.  Its there inside your body (head) but you cant see it like you can with cancer.  Also, headaches and stomach aches..... just because no one can feel what you're feeling inside, doesnt mean its not there and hurts like hell.  Exactly the same with depression and other mental illnesses.

Everyone deals with things differently.  You might be able to handle a death better than others and others might be able to handle a divorce better than you.  We are all different.  Everyone needs to accept that EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.  There is no such thing as "normal."  Face it.  

I have been getting judged way too much lately because of my depression and how I've handled it.  It's not far.  I sought help when I needed it the most.  I didn't let it get too far.  Hey, I'm alive.  That's something to be happy about. 

I dont know if what I wanted to say is on this post, but before you judge anyone, I hope you remember what i've said.  

Thank you! -K

No comments:

Post a Comment